Monday, November 16, 2009

Mindy's Chicken Pasta Salad

Dried Cherry-Nut Chicken Pasta Salad

3 cups uncooked bowtie pasta
2 cups diced cooked chicken-I used left over rotisserie chicken
1/2 cup sliced celery
1 package 3.53 oz sweetened dried cherries-I used 1/2 Cup of dried cranberries
1/4 cup of slivered almonds-roasted (I bought the already roasted ones at the store by the salad section)

Dressing

3 Tbs. white wine vinegar
3 Tbs. sugar-I only used 2
1/2 tsp. dry mustard
1/2 tsp. celery salt
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup mayo-I used 1/4 cup mayo and 1/4 cup lemon yogurt, I think it lightens the flavor
2 tsp. poppy seeds

Cook and drain the pasta as directed. Rinse with cold water to cool and drain well.
In a large bowl mix cooked pasta, chicken celery and cherries. In a small bowl mix ingredients for dressing with a wisk until blended. Pour over salad and gently toss. Fold in almonds.

The dressing is pretty runny and it seems like it will be too much, but let the salad set for a couple hours and the pasta will soak up the dressing and it won't be runny anymore!

No comments:

Post a Comment